We are often asked, “How do I get readers to comment on my posts?” It is regularly the case that a blog might look great, have great content, and yet no comments. Seeing the benefit in building a community around your blog; encouraging people to comment is an important aspect of any blog. Here are 5 easy ways to encourage your readers to start commenting:
- Write to Your Readers! Addressing your readers specifically could spark conversation. When you read something that strikes a cord with you, you are more likely to comment, right?
- Ask your readers questions – When writing an opinion article, asking your readers what they think will increase the likelihood that they will comment.
- Make sure the comment link is large and easy to click on. If they can’t see the link they won’t click on it!
- Write interesting headlines! If a reader sees a headline that grabs his/her attention, he/she is more likely to read and comment on that particular article.
- Limit your posts to an appropriate length… We all skim what we read, so making sure a post isn’t too long will encourage more comments.
Follow these five steps to be well on your way to establishing a more lively blog.